Monday, May 10, 2010

Quillingly beautiful


I've been noticing a lot of quilled art in blogs and magazines, and I really want to try my hand at it. It's so tactile, graceful, clean. Then I stumbled on Yulia Brodskaya's amazing commercial quilling. The colors are so vivid they make my mouth water. Really amazing.

But she's obviously an amazing illustrator, and I'm not. So I need a more down-to-earth project to start with. That's when I saw a link to a tutorial to make a quilled monogram. I might just try one for my mom's birthday......but I have my doubts about how easy the Modge-Podging is. [via Craft.]

2 comments:

JoJo said...

Oprah's magazine had top ten on different things and they used quilling for art work. It was amazing.

JoJo said...

Ok I just went on website for artist and guess what she did the Oprah layout.